Combined edition of the original publications, all five volumes in one book. Technical descriptions of the many traditional Morris Dances, formations, steps, hand movements, customs, costumes and music. Contents include Black and white illustrations, photographs and music scores.
Published in 1991 for The Morris Ring. Listed below some of the Dances and Traditions covered in The Morris Book:
- The Headington Dances stick, handkerchief and Corner dances
- The Ilmington Dances Handkerchief, Stick or Hand clapping dances
- The Tideswell Dance Traditions
- The Winster Dance Traditions Processional and Morris reel
- The Eynsham Dances Traditions
- The Adderbury Dance Traditions stick and handkerchief dances
- The Bampton tradition handkerchief, corner and processional dances
- The Brackley Dance and Tradition
- The Abingdon Dance and Tradition
- The Wheatley Dance and Tradition
- The Badby Dances
- The Bledington Dance and Tradition
- The Bucknell Dance and Tradition.
- The Castleton Garland Dances and more Dances and Jigs.
|Paperback||over 500 Pages|
|Author||Cecil J. Sharp Herbert C. Macilwaine|
The Morris Book 5 Volumes 1911-24: by Sharp and Macilwaine
- Product Code: The Morris Book 5 Volumes 1911-24: by Sharp and Macilwaine
- Availability: 225